Simple Greek Yogurt Recipe
- 4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (no preservatives or additives)
- 6 cups milk
- ½ cup powdered milk
- Stainless Steel Pot
1. Let yogurt come to room temp (this makes it easier to incorporate.)
2. Add powdered milk and milk to pan. Heat to 110F over medium heat. Stir regularly to prevent scorching. Smooth out any powdered milk lumps with spoon.
3. Once 110F is reached, add the yogurt and remove from heat. Try to completely incorporate the yogurt and work out any lumps.
4. Transfer to sterilized containers for incubation.
5. Maintain 110F for 6-12 hours (longer incubation creates tangier flavor). This is easiest to do in a cooler with 120 degree water added to it or in a crock pot, turn the heat on and off as needed to maintain temp. (Test the temperature of your crock pot before using. Many will run to hot, even on warm, to leave it turned on.).
6. Chill for 6 hours and enjoy!